Well the first week of biology is going to be quite interesting to say the least. This is something that the children need to learn therefore, she is going to teach them all about biology. Of course, these are easy questions but in the course of this year they will become harder to allow the children to use their mind and retain the information.
Here are the questions that they will have this first week of reading, and studying about biology.
1. The _____________ contains two kinds of primary particles ______________ and _________________.
2. What is the electronic charge each proton carries?
3. What is the mass (atomic mass) for an electron? Neutron? Proton?
4. What letter symbolizes the atomic number?
5. What is the atom of Sodium?
6. What does 19K39 mean?
7. What does 17 CI 35 mean?
8. The Z number for Hydrogen is?
9. The Z number for Uranium is?
10. The Z number for Helium is?
11. The Z number for Neon is?
12. The Z number for Chlorine is?
13. How are Sodium and Chlorine written?
14. The Z number of Calcium?
15. How do you write Sodium Chloride?
16.How do you write Calcium Chloride?
17. A ___________as a substance that increases the concentration of hydroxyl ions(oh-) in water.
18. Bonds of this sort, based on shared electrons are called ________________.
19. The Z number of oxygen is?
20. _______________do not remain in one position but are constantly moving.
21. What is the Z number of Nitrogen?
22. What are the molecules of this? H2, H20, O2, AND N2
23. What is the Z number of Carbon?
24. How do you write Carbon Dioxide?
25. What percent of the atmosphere is carbon dioxide?
26. What constitutes 21 percent of the atmosphere?
27. Carbohydrates are compounds composed of ____________, ____________, and ______________.
28. What is the six-carbon sugar? How is it written?
29. Name three lipids. Explain what they are.
30. What is the structure of proteins?
31. What four essentials do proteins contain?
32. In 1958, who won the Nobel Prize for his knowledge in biochemical history?
33. What happens when a protein is heated in an acid solution for 24 hours?
34. The nucleotides contain five parts name them.
35. All enzymes are proteins? True or False?
36. Are enzymes activated at temperatures well below that of boiling water? True or False?
37. What is the Z number of Nickel?
38. What is the Z number of Bromine?
39. What is the Z number of Gold?
40. Hydrolysis involves this addition of a water molecule.
We shall see if they have read the required chapter!